Source Country: Russia
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
2 cups flour
1 cup milk or water
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
250 g beef
250 g pork
Salt and pepper to taste
- Grind beef and pork twice in meat chopper. Then add chopped onion, salt, pepper. To make mincemeat more tender and juicy, add a bit of milk. Set aside.
- Mix flour with eggs and milk, salt and oil until a soft dough forms. Knead on floured surface until dough is elastic. Take some dough and make a "sausage" (1 inch in diameter).
- Divide into pieces (1 inch thick). Roll each piece into a ball approximately the size of mold holes so that it is 1/16 inch thick.
- Place a dough sheet on the dumplings mold, then the filling in every opening and then cover with another dough sheet. After that roll the dough circle with a rolling-pin and you have a two dozens of pelmeni at a time. Use the rest of the dough that comes out from the mold to roll another circle.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Carefully drop pelmeni into boiling water, stirring regularly for about 20 minutes.