Source Country: Taiwan
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
½ lb lean ground pork
3 or 4 Asian eggplants
1 bunch of basil leaves
A few cloves of garlic
1 small piece of ginger
2 tablespoons oil
1 – 2 tablespoons chili sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
- Cut eggplant into small pieces. Mince garlic and ginger finely.
- Heat up heavy skillet. Add 1 tablespoon of oil, half portions of garlic and ginger. Wait until garlic and ginger turn brown. Stir in eggplant and a cup of water. Cover with a lid and let it steam until the eggplant is soft.
- Add soy sauce and soy to taste.
- Heat up another pan, add 1 tablespoon of oil, garlic and ginger. When the garlic and ginger turn golden brown, add ground pork and chili sauce.
- Stir to break up the pork. When the pork is almost cooked, add soy sauce, salt and sugar to taste.
- Mix pork with cooked eggplants and turn off the heat. Fold in basil leaves